WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
You would be a part of an innovative solution which strives to increase the independence of refugee populations by providing international assistance.
UniRef offers the opportunity for young refugees to continue their higher education and obtain a diploma.
You would be actively involved in the process of economic reconstruction and development in regions affected by armed conflict.
We currently have a team of 6 interns, all essential to the work of UniRef. We provide a dynamic and stimulating atmosphere in which every voice is listened to. In addition, we establish a working environment in which interns can increase their knowledge of worldwide refugee issues, supporting their professional growth. We offer you the opportunity to work in an international environment with people from different backgrounds.
UniRef welcomes a limited number of applications throughout the year. We look for motivated and creative interns in our office in Geneva, Switzerland.
All applicants should have a strong interest in the humanitarian field and/or be enrolled as students or have recently graduated from International Relations, Law, Communication or Management.
UniRef is looking for an Intern to join its Communication Department 24/06/2020
The internship position will include, but will not be limited to the following tasks:
- Active participation in the daily management of social networks – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and UniRef’s website – through the creation and translation of visual and written contents in Arabic, English and French.
- Participation in internal meetings to develop the current mission in Jordan and contributing with new ideas and solutions.
- Production of other types of communication materials in different languages.
- Proficiency in Arabic (native);
- Fluency in oral and written English and French (minimum C1 level);
- Excellent command of social networks (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn…);
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Communication, Marketing, International Relations, Political Sciences or equivalent;
- Interest in humanitarian action and refugee issues;
- Very good sense of organization and creativity;
- Being a motivated, dynamic and multi-tasking person;
- Being able to work efficiently both autonomously and in a team.
Details about the internship:
- Location: remote work (due to COVID-19) and in our office in Geneva,
- 4 months minimum,
- Date of start: As soon as possible,
- Unpaid internship,
- The work rate is yet to be defined, but should be around 70%.
If you are interested and strongly believe you will fit in our team, please send us your resume and a cover letter by 12/07/20 to email@example.com
We would like to thank you for your interest in UniRef’s mission. However, due to the large number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Working within UniRef is an opportunity to join a young and dynamic team and to take part in a humanitarian mission with major stakes